Sunday, February 22, 2009

WTH



What's up with the reviews of Revolutionary Road and Rachel Getting Married.  They either have the movies mixed up or the people reviewing these films don't have much of a "real" life.

I thought the premise/story line of RR was interesting, maybe even plausible, but the movie itself - the acting, dialogue and chemistry of the actors was very artificial, so hollywood and pretty much annoying.  And I like Winslet and DiCaprio.  Okay, I really like DiCaprio and he was not annoying.

I dragged myself to the movies after four days of raining with no background information about Rachel Getting Married.  I was amazed and very moved by this story.

I think the roles of this dysfunctional family were depicted very well; they really nailed the family dynamics of major sibling rivalry and addiction.  Yes there was some hyperbolic acting and drawn out wedding scenes but very few flaws in this movie. 

Just my humble opinion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment